Tuesday, February 5, 2013

World Nutella Day 2013 - Nutella with Bananas

It's that time of year again!  Time to break out your big jar of tasty chocolate-hazelnut spread, a big spoon and smile, because it's WORLD NUTELLA DAY!

Unfortunately, this year WND finds me several thousand miles from home.  I'm currently in the US for awhile, staying with friends, so I do not have my own kitchen in order to prepare a delicious Nutella concoction.

:(

Boo.

However, I am not going to let that fact stop me from doing something for WND!

I don't know too many people who don't like Nutella.  That includes kids.  I was thinking of finger foods that toddlers can eat.  They should be able to enjoy WND too!  Why not with...bananas!


Little kids, big kids and adults alike will enjoy this easy snack.  Plus...FRUIT!  So it's sort of healthy, right?

First, peel a banana and cut into slices.


Then, spoon on some Nutella.  About 1/2 teaspoon or so on each.  I went a little overboard on some, but then again, you can never have too much Nutella!


Then...enjoy!  These little guys could be easily served at a party too.  Stick a toothpick in each & you've got a great party snack!  You could try topping them with a mini marshmallow too and then dust them with some graham cracker crumbs for a deconstructed sort of s'more.


Or, do what I did to a few of them and make mini banana-Nutella sandwich bites!


I hope you will try this or my recipe from last year (Nutella Cupcakes) today or sometime soon.  Nutella is a wonderful treat and worth celebrating.  

Look for me next year!  I should be home then & better prepared to dazzle you with another great Nutella recipe! 

Buon appitito!

In case you are curious about World Nutella Day, it is a day devoted to eating and enjoying the delicious chocolate-hazelnut spread from Italy:  Nutella.  It was created in 2007 and has been getting bigger and better each year.  Thanks to the brilliant idea of Sara Rosso, an American living in Milan, Italy, we can lift our spoons in celebration.  You can check out her blog here: Ms. Adventures in Italy.  She posts some amazing recipes and photos about her adventures!


Also check out the blog of her co-host of World Nutella Day, Michelle Fabio, an American living in Calabria, Italy.  Here's the link: Bleeding Espresso.  She has some great recipes too, as well as inspirational posts.

For more information on World Nutella Day, check out the official site: Nutella Day.  There is a listing of tons of recipes from WNDs past and present!


No comments:

Post a Comment